If you’re looking for a gift for a new mum we’ve collated our list of new baby gift ideas as a starting point to spark your ideas.
If you want something a new parent will really find useful, or you’re looking for something out of the ordinary for your friend take a look at some of these suggestions. If you’ve got a colleague leaving work clubbing together to buy a few of these new baby gifts will ensure your colleague remembers you all fondly whilst she’s on maternity leave!
Baby shower gift ideas
- Baby Massage voucher (Shameless plug for ourselves of course!) A baby massage course is a really thoughtful gift that give a new skill and helps to develop the bond between mum and baby.
- Food – Some wholesome meals for the freezer that new parents can chuck in to feed themselves after a hard day of parenting. Organise a few people to create a rota of food delivery. Or if you can’t make the food yourself, there are some really good quality frozen meal delivery services.
- A thermos cup to keep your hot drink hot.
- Epsom salts for a relaxing bath to help replenish magnesium levels. NB – Some women find this can affect their milk supply if breastfeeding, so whilst this is safe if you’re struggling with supply should avoid just to be safe.
- Neals Yard Arnica & Seaweed bubble bath.
- Pukka Mother and Baby tea for soothing new mums, contains herbs to boost breastfeeding.
- Good quality dark chocolate for the antioxidants and endorphins.
- The Wonder Weeks book – based on excellent research and infant development studies.
- Buggy Buddy (a clip for the buggy to help carry heavy shopping bags) http://www.mybuggybuddy.co.uk/productView.php?pID=5
New Baby Gifts For Second (Or Third) Babies
If your friend already has a lot of baby ‘stuff’ then sometimes the experiences are the best:
- Organise a cleaner for a few weeks – we did this for a friend’s second baby and she said it was the best present ever!
- Pregnancy massage voucher for those last few weeks of waiting with aches and pains.
- A gift for the first child to keep them busy whilst feeding baby.
New Baby Gifts For Winter / Summer Newborns
- Hot water bottle with fluffy cover.
- Nice slippers and pyjamas.
- Blackout blinds for those summer early sun rises!
It doesn’t have to be hard buying new baby gifts for a friend or colleague. You can always ask them what they want of course, or surprise them with something off our list. (NB – we are not affiliated with any of the products in this blog post and do not get any commission for recommending them, they are genuine loves of ours and our clients!)
To buy a voucher for any of our courses or treatments contact us with the amount you’d like to buy and a message, and we’ll create an eVoucher. Look at our price list if you’d rather give a voucher for a specific course or treatment.