Forward focused Mum led solutions to the overwhelm of Motherhood -
Helping you feel calmer, more confident and in control of your life !
Why do I need a Mother’s Mentor
Becoming a mother is probably the biggest transition you will make in your lifetime. Life as you know it can be completely turned upside down and that can take some getting used to. There will also be many tricky bumps along the months and years as your family grows.
You don’t need to be at crisis point to feel the benefit from talking to someone. Talking can help you feel stronger and more in control of your life. To help you feel like you can cope with the overwhelming amount on your daily plate. It’s a positive step to seek advice and support. Commonly Mothers can feel they are losing their confidence and identity, drowning in the busyness of life. I can help you find a plan to move you into confidence and balance.
Mother’s Mentor sessions are suitable for any mother who has a baby aged 4 months and above. For newborn mums see our specialist Postnatal service.
COVID 19 UPDATE:
During this time of social distancing and the Covid19 pandemic, we are offer the following types of appointment:
1) WALK & TALK SESSIONS
2) ONLINE VIA ZOOM
3) A MIXTURE OF THE TWO
(All the structure and professionalism you would expect, just outside)
Pre covid, our appointments would be held at Emma’s home office in BS3, so this will resume as an option as soon as we are able.
What can I expect from a Mother’s Mentor support package?
You will complete a pre appointment form outlining what is going on for you at the moment. This helps us maximise our time together and come up with some strategies and solutions.
INCLUDED IN THE SUPPORT PACKAGE
- 4x one hour mentoring sessions
- I provide you with a listening ear and a safe space to offload your thoughts
- If appropriate we form a written plan, changing and updating it as you move forwards
- A summary will be sent to you in writing after each session
- Individual resources, exercises, self care strategies etc specifically tailored for you
- Check in messages inbetween sessions if needed
- Price of this package £160
During the individual sessions we will:
1) assess and summarise your current situation
2) design the outcome and vision you have for your life
3) make a step by step plan to get you there
4) ongoing support to help you achieve your goals and wishes
5) opportunity each session to chat about what is going on for you and
what is a priority for you this week
The aim is for you to come away feeling lighter and clearer with some tangible strategies for your next steps in moving forward. For some mums these sessions are very much about needing support to create a plan and they have a clear idea on what they want but don’t know quite how to get there, but for other mums they feel jumbled in their thoughts, don’t know what they want, how to get there or in some cases who they even are anymore. Lots of mums don’t want detailed strategies they want a listening ear to help them feel heard, validated and like they matter and some mums say they feel they need permission to feel or act in a certain way, changing the status quo can be hard to know how to start – this Mother’s Mentor package can be a great first step. A recent client said to me …
” I feel like I need to empty my thoughts out of my head and into a bin [thanks for being such a great bin 🙂 ] “
Whatever you bring to these sessions we can work together in a relaxed informal way to help you start to feel better. If you have any questions at all then please do call first for a 15minute chat, for free, then we can go ahead and book you in.
Common reasons to book a Mother’s Mentor appointment
– Mother’s guilt / self doubt
– Time pressures / juggling family life
– Relationship demands
– Lack of self care
– Feeling exhausted and wrung out
– Coping with child’s behaviour
– At a cross roads / decision time
– Mothering dream vs reality
– Feeling low and unsupported
– Can’t move forwards from a tricky birth
and anything else..