What is Baby Massage?
Baby Massage is an interaction that involves gentle strokes over your baby’s skin. A gentle and natural oil is used during massage to make it more comfortable for baby.
Why Should I Massage My Baby?
Infant massage is easy to learn, and there are lots of benefits to you and your baby. Massaging babies is thought to date back thousands of years passed down from generation to generation. Parents regularly massage their babies as part of daily life in many parts of the world such as India, Africa and Asia. Within the last 30 years or so baby massage has gained popularity within the UK. We have seen a huge rise in popularity particularly within the last 5 years.
What are the benefits of massage?
- Massaging your baby’s tummy can help ease colic, constipation or trapped wind
- Promotes better sleep for baby by raising levels of the ‘feel-good’ hormone oxytocin, this helps you both feel calmer and relaxed
- Helps promote a healthy parent-child attachment
- Can help you become more confident with handling your baby and understand their non-verbal language
- Communicates love and builds trust
- Teaches both parent and baby about positive touch
- Can alleviate the effects of postnatal depression and help a mother feel more positive about the bond with their baby
- Can help with baby’s weight gain
- Provides you with a toolkit to help soothe your baby
Booking your baby massage course
If you’re ready to book your place on a course you can book and pay online. If you can’t see a course that suits you and you’ve got group of friends who’d like to learn Baby Massage too why not organise a private home group by emailing us on email@example.com.