Building Healthier Kids
Simplifying nutrition for busy parents to support calmer mealtimes and healthier kids
Do you want your children to eat more healthily?
As parents we can worry about whether our children are eating a balanced diet, are they getting enough of what they need?
Kids Nutrition Course
Starting on Monday 3rd February 2020 and running for 5 weeks, join us to learn about how to improve your children’s diet. We will include:
- Brain health
- Gut Health
- Fussy Eating Behaviour
- Calmer Mealtimes
- Healthy Growth
Build confidence in your meal planning, how to tackle children’s nutrition as well as supporting a range of common childhood conditions such as constipation, bloating, asthma, eczema, obesity, picky eating and anxiety.
“Anna has given us excellent, usable nutritional advice for our eldest child.”
The course will run over 5 weeks and each week there will be a new theme. You’ll have access to some written handouts, a recipe, and an interactive webinar each week, as well as a supportive Facebook group to making connections and sharing the journey.
What you get:
- Weekly Video / Live inside a Facebook Group
- Weekly handout (recipe / checklist etc)
- Access to a nutritionist to ask your questions
- Discussion with other parents inside the Facebook Group.
Here’s a bit more detail about what’s included:
Week 1 – Digestion & Gut Health
An overview of how your child’s digestion & diet affects immune health, mood and of course unlocking nutrients from our diet.
- Building a healthy microbiome in your children.
- Managing constipation
- Allergies and food intolerance
Week 2 – Rhythms & Routine
Supporting calmer mealtimes with more connection, and encouraging better sleep.
- Timing of meals and snacks
- Healthy snacks, and healthy breakfasts for growing children
Week 3 – Fussy Eating Behaviour
Exploring possible causes of fussy eating and solutions to fit your family. How to support yourself whilst supporting a child with picky eating behaviour.
- Understanding typical eating for children
- Understanding your child’s reasons
- When to seek help
- How to decrease anxiety and stress at mealtimes
- Involving the wider family in your strategies
Week 4 – Brain health
Looking at mood, anxiety, behaviour issues and the link to food and diet.
- Foods to support learning, memory and cognition
- Food and lifestyle support for anxiety
- Nutrient considerations for children with ADHD
Week 5 – Healthy growth
Supporting a healthy balanced diet, ensuring sufficient nutrients and enjoyment of food. We’ll look at the basics required for children in terms of protein, fats and carbohydrates.
- Nutrients needed for growth
- Support a child with weight
- Reasons for slow growth