Quick Reflexology Facial
If you are feeling a little bit run-down, why not devote some time to a quick reflexology facial – it shouldn’t take more than 5-10 minutes out of your day, and could just give you that bit of TLC that will help you ready for the next stage of your day.
This quick facial focuses on a few of the pressure points in the face, which mainly relate to relaxation and easing of tension – no oils or lotions needed (although feel free to lather some on for a touch of extra luxury) – simply apply light pressure with the fingertips, and then add in some gentle circular or stroking movements over the area to stimulate the underlying tissues. Easy!
Let’s get started:
- With hands flat and using just the fingertips, start at the centre of the forehead and gently stroke out towards your temples. Repeat this movement, starting from your nose, across the cheeks and out to the ears. And finally starting at the chin and moving across the jawline.
- Press your fingertips to your forehead, directly between the eyebrows, and then gently stroke up and down 3-4 times
- Using the fingertips of both hands, start at the inner corner of each eyebrow, and press gently, then release. Gradually move around your entire eyebrow and under the eyes (making sure to always press on the underlying bone and not the soft eye tissue), pressing and releasing gently
- When you reach your nose, move your fingers down until they rest on either side of your nostrils. Again, press gently with your fingertips, and then make 3-4 tiny circular movements
- Move your fingertips outwards towards the centre your cheekbones. Press gently with your fingertips and then make 3-4 small circular movements. (Both this and the nostril massage are great for decongestion)
- Move down to your chin and, using your fingertips, make gentle circular movements along your jawline until you reach your earlobes (do not drag the skin here – simply make 3-4 small circles, lift your fingertips along your jawline, and then make another 3-4 small circles)
- Place your fingertips just in front of your earlobe, and gently slide up and down in front of the ear 3-4 times
- As with the jawline, use your fingertips again to make gentle circular movements in front of your ear, travelling up to the hairline, and then continuing along the hairline to massage around behind the entire ear (once again, do not drag the skin here and do not press too deeply)
- Gently move your fingertips up to your temples and make a few circular movements here to ease tension and relax. Please be aware that this area is very delicate so do not press too deep- gently does it!
- Finish by repeating number 1 : With hands flat and using just the fingertips, start at the centre of the forehead and gently stroke out towards your temples. Repeat this movement, starting from your nose, across the cheeks and out to the ears. And finally starting at the chin and moving across the jawline.
This quick and easy gentle facial massage blends a few techniques from Indian Head Massage and Japanese “Anma” reflexology (which are combined in full to create the rejuvenating facial massage), and are perfect for encouraging relaxation and reducing tension.
Jane offers Indian Head massage and refreshing rejuvenating facial massages in your home – please contact us or give us a ring arrange your treatment – 07724984854 or 07812010412.
Both Lindsay and Jane offer holistic treatments for 60 minutes (£40) or 30 minutes (£25). Read more about our therapists here.